Former FBI agent and body language expert Joe Navarro breaks down the various ways we communicate non-verbally. What does it mean when we fold our arms? Why do we interlace our fingers? Can a poker player actually hide their body language?
Body language is an outward reflection of a person’s emotional condition. Here are some tips on how to speed-read it:
1. Squinted eyes
• I don’t like what’s going on.
• Something doesn’t feel right.
• I disagree with what you’re saying.
2. Touching the neck
• I’m struggling with something.
• I’m stressed by what you’re saying.
• I’m concerned about this situation.
3. Rubbing the chest
• I don’t feel confident.
• I’m troubled by something.
• I’m very worried.
4. Arched eyebrows
• I’m happy to see you!
• I’m pleasantly surprised.
• That’s a very intriguing point.
5. Tilted head
• I’m interested in what’s going on.
• I’m listening and fully present.
• I agree with what you’re saying.
Video created by Wired
Speakdating c’est dores-et-déjà plus de 1 000 activités et leçons,
plus de 40 000 exercices, là tout prêts, dans votre poche.