The video emphasizes the benefits of reading, comparing it to exercise for the mind. It suggests that reading enhances focus, concentration, and serves as a form of meditation. In a world filled with distractions, reading provides a break from multitasking, reducing stress and increasing productivity. The study also highlights reading as a relaxation technique, offering an escape from daily worries. Scientific studies indicate that reading makes individuals smarter, stimulating the brain and potentially slowing down cognitive decline such as Dementia and Alzheimer's disease. It concludes by emphasizing the value of knowledge, stating that even in dire circumstances, one's knowledge remains an invaluable asset.
• Divert: to turn attention away
• Immersed: deeply involved or absorbed
• Neurological: related to the nervous system
• Dementia: a decline in mental ability severe enough to interfere with daily life
• Alzheimer's disease: a progressive mental deterioration that can occur in middle or old age
• Tackle: to deal with a problem
Source: Better Than Yesterday