Prepositions of Place are used to show the position or location of one thing with another. It answers the question "Where?"
• At - is used to discuss a certain point.
• In - is used to discuss an enclosed space.
• On - is used to discuss a surface.
• Behind is the opposite of In front of. It means at the back (part) of something.
• Between normally refers to something in the middle of two objects or things (or places).
• Across From / Opposite: It usually refers to something being in front of something else.
• Next to and Beside mean the same thing. It usually refers to a thing (or person) that is at the side of another thing.
• Above / Over: both mean "at a higher position than X".
• Under / Below, both mean at a lower level.