HBO Max has confirmed that it will produce a TV series based on the Harry Potter books. Each season will be based on one of the books in the franchise, and it will feature a new cast from the films. The show is described as a "decade-long series" and will be produced in association with Brontë Film and TV, and Warner Bros. Television. J.K. Rowling will be the executive producer of the series.
The Harry Potter franchise has been successful across a range of media, including books, films, theme parks, toys, and games. The first book in the series, "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone," was published in 1997, and the final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," was released in 2007. The book series has sold more than 500 million copies worldwide and has been translated into 80 languages.
The film franchise consisted of eight movies that grossed over $7.7 billion at the global box office. In addition to the books and films, there are theme park attractions, toys, games, and the "Fantastic Beasts" film franchise. Fans have eagerly anticipated a television adaptation for years, and the news has been met with excitement and anticipation. With its large budget and impressive production team, the Harry Potter TV series has the potential to be a massive success and keep fans of the Wizarding World entertained for years to come.
• Franchise: a series of related movies, books, etc. produced or owned by one company or organization.
• Megahit: a very popular and successful movie, song, book, etc.
• Dubbed: to give a particular name or title to something.
• Integrity: the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles.
• Anticipation: the act of looking forward to something with pleasure and excitement.
• Potential: the possibility of something happening or being developed in a certain way.