The story began when an elderly man took longer than usual to order, leading a young woman behind him to honk her horn impatiently. Instead of getting angry , the man did something unexpected .
At the first window, he paid for both his and the young woman's orders. The cashier must have told her about his act of kindness, as she leaned out of her window to say, "Thank you" and wave, clearly embarrassed by her earlier rudeness.
But the man had a bigger lesson in mind.At the second window, he showed both receipts and took her food, making her go back to the line and start over. His message was clear : don't honk at old people, as they have gathered wisdom over time.
• Elderly : An old person.
• Prompting : Making someone do something.
• Annoyance : A feeling of irritation.
• Kindness : Being friendly and generous.
• Rudeness : Behaving impolitely.
• Wisdom : Knowledge gained through experience.