Il y a 8 mois
Vivre dans le passé
Everything You Need to Know About Comparative Adjectives.
• We use comparatives to compare two things or two people.
- Mani is taller than Kate.
- Superman is faster and stronger than me.
• The rules to form comparatives:
1. One syllable adjective: add 'er' at the end of the adjective.
- Fast - Faster
- Tall - Taller
- Strong - Stronger
- Big - Bigger
2. Two-syllable or more adjectives: use 'more' before the adjective.
- Expensive - More expensive
- Intelligent - More intelligent
- Beautiful - More beautiful
3. Two syllables which end in 'y': take away the 'y' and add 'ier'.
- Happy - Happier
- Easy - Easier
- Good - Better
- Bad - Worse
- Far - Further
- Little - Less
- Many or Much - More