In addition to the obvious advantages when travelling to other countries or looking for work, bilingual people have better skills such as memory or attention. Recent research has also shown that bilingual brains delay the symptoms of dementia and that they recover faster after having suffered a stroke.
Bilingual brains can have better task-switching abilities as well, thanks to their developed ability to inhibit one language while using another.
• Workout - engage in vigorous physical exercise or training.
• Speech - the expression of or the ability to express thoughts and feelings by articulate sounds.
• Outcome - the way a thing turns out; a consequence or result.
• Dual - consisting of two parts, elements, or aspects.
• Equipped - prepare (someone) mentally for a particular situation or task.
• Thrive - (of a child, animal, or plant) grow or develop well or vigorously.
• Walks of life - a person's occupation or position within society.
Source: Dana, bbvaopenmind and Participate Learning.
Speakdating c’est dores-et-déjà plus de 1 000 activités et leçons,
plus de 40 000 exercices, là tout prêts, dans votre poche.