• Questions in general
If we want to ask a question in English, the order is QWASM: Question Word + Auxiliary verb + Subject + Main verb.
In Yes-No questions, there is NO Question Word.
• Questions with "be" as the main verb
When "be" is the main verb, it is used as the Auxiliary in the question, and then we don’t have a Main verb after the Subject. In the position of Auxiliary, we can use be, do, have or any modal verb: can, could, will, would, should, etc.
"Have" is only an auxiliary verb in the form "have got" and in the present perfect.
- Have you got any brothers or sisters?
- What have you cooked for lunch?
- What time did you have dinner yesterday?
- How old are you?
- Where is she working?
- How much did you pay for it?
- What time do you get up?
Speakdating c’est dores-et-déjà plus de 1 000 activités et leçons,
plus de 40 000 exercices, là tout prêts, dans votre poche.