The city of light, the city of love, the city of style.
Paris is also, however, one of the world's most expensive cities to live in. CNBC explores why this is so.
• Quintessential - typical.
• Median - average.
• Disarray - A state of disorganization or untidiness.
• Shifted - change in emphasis, direction, or focus.
• Disgruntled - angry or dissatisfied.
• Blockade - seal off (a place) to prevent goods or people from entering or leaving.
• Narrow - of small width in relation to length.
• Hampered - hinder or impede the movement or progress of.
• Squash - crush or squeeze (something) with force so that it becomes flat, soft, or out of shape.
• Protests -an organized public demonstration expressing strong objection to an official policy or course of action.
• Overhauls - take apart in order to examine it and repair it if necessary.
• Flatten Out - make or become flat or flatter.
• Storeys - (singular: storey) a part of a building comprising all the rooms that are on the same level.
• Skyscrapers - a very tall building of many storeys.
• Mere - used to emphasize how small or insignificant someone or something is.
• Supply - a stock or amount of something supplied or available for use.
• Coupled - link or combine (something) with something else.
• Span - the full extent of something from end to end.
• Circumvent - find a way around (an obstacle).
• Entice - attract or tempt by offering pleasure or advantage.
• Wealthy - rich
• Influx - an arrival or entry of large numbers of people or things.
• Thriving - prosperous and growing; flourishing.
• Pique - arouse (interest or curiosity).
• Retailers - a person or business that sells goods to the public in relatively small quantities for use or consumption rather than for resale.
• Get Away - Escape.
• Houses (verb) - provide space for; contain or accommodate.
• Heavily - to a great degree; in large amounts.
• Boom -a period of great prosperity or rapid economic growth.
• Disposable - able to be dispensed with; easily dismissed.