In recent years, many people have been quitting social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram. Some cite concerns over privacy and data security, while others feel overwhelmed by the constant barrage of information and the pressure to present a perfect image of themselves online. Many also feel that social media use contributes to feelings of anxiety and depression, and can be a major source of distraction from real-life interactions. Despite the benefits of social media in connecting people and sharing information, the drawbacks have led many individuals to reconsider their online habits and opt for a more private, low-tech lifestyle.
• Tube - a slang term for the London Underground subway system
• Loop - a sequence of instructions or actions that repeats continuously
• Headline - a heading at the top of an article or page in a newspaper or magazine
• Outrage - an extremely strong reaction of anger or shock
• Advertising - the activity of promoting and selling products or services
• Gluttonous - excessively greedy or indulgent• Spike - a sudden increase or surge
• Worthwhile - deserving of time, effort, or attention
• Self-actualizing - fulfilling one's potential or achieving personal growth and fulfillment.