Traditional British is historically unfussy dishes made with quality local ingrdedients, matched with simple sauces to accentuate flavour, rather than disguise it.
In this activity familiarise yourself with some of the UK's most recognisable dishes.
• Full English breakfast
-A Substantial cooked breakfast, often served in the UK and Ireland. Colloquially known as a 'Fry-up', composed of:
- fried eggs
- fried bread
- buttered toast
- baked beans
• Pork pie
- A raised pie made with minced, cooked pork, typically eaten cold.
• Afternoon Tea
- An Afternoon meal composed of sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, sweet pastries and cakes.
• Fish and chips
- A dish of fried fish fillets served with chips.
• Christmas Pudding
- A rich boiled pudding eaten at Christmas made with flour, suet, and dried fruit.
- A dessert or sweet sauce made with milk and eggs, or milk and a proprietary powder.