Eric Treuille, the owner, runs a shop full of cookbooks and tries the recipes from these books in a small kitchen in the store. He and his team serve a three-course lunch to around forty customers four days a week, following recipes from different cookbooks each day.
There are specific rules: no alterations or substitutions, no soft drinks or special diets, and customers must share tables. Eric believes in offering a fair price for the meals, not wanting to turn the kitchen into a business. He values the personal connection with customers and aims to create an unforgettable experience.
• Recipe: A set of instructions for preparing a dish.
• Dish: A particular type of food prepared in a specific way.
• Nutmeg: A spice used in cooking.
• Fridge: A device for keeping food cold.
• Stove: A cooking appliance that provides heat.
• Dishwasher: A machine for washing dishes.
• Seasonal: Related to a particular season of the year.
• Fair price: A reasonable and just cost for something.
Source: Great Big Story