The significance of marriage varies greatly from era to era. To some it means a white dress.To others, companionship or joint tax returns. Trace the history of getting hitched through this video.
• hilarious - amusing.
• timeless - not affected by the passage of time or changes in fashion.
• eras - a long and distinct period of history.
• bonding - the establishment of a relationship or link with someone based on shared feelings, interests, or experiences.
• raise - lift or move to a higher position or level.
• to secure - succeed in obtaining (something), especially with difficulty.
• rightful - having a legitimate right to property, position, or status.
• heirs - a person legally entitled to the property or rank of another on that person's death.
• adultery - voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not their spouse.
• slaves - a person who is forced to work for and obey another and is considered to be their property.
• prohibit - formally forbid (something) by law, rule, or other authority.
• demographic - a particular sector of a population.
• rulers - a person exercising government or dominion.
• commoners - one of the ordinary or common people, as opposed to the aristocracy or to royalty.
• to tend - regularly or frequently behave in a particular way or have a certain characteristic; care for or look after; give one's attention to.
• blessings - God's favour and protection.
• appease - acify or placate (someone) by acceding to their demands.
• lineages - direct descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
• restless - unable to rest or relax as a result of anxiety or boredom.
• maintain - ause or enable (a condition or situation) to continue.
• stake - a sum of money or something else of value gambled on the outcome of a risky game or venture.
• upperclasses - the social group that has the highest status in society, especially the aristocracy.
• easing - make (something) happen more easily; facilitate.