Indirect questions always begin with an 'introductory phrase' and unlike direct questions, they do NOT invert the subject.
To form an indirect question, we use:
• Introductory Phrase + Question Word + Subject + Main Verb
• Here are some examples:
- Can you tell me where he plays tennis ?
- Do you think she will be able to come ?
- I wonder if you could help me with this problem.
• Asking for help:
- Would you mind helping me (out) ?
- Could you help me (out) ?
- Could you give/lend me a hand ?
• Asking for permission:
- May I come in ?
- Can I speak to Mr. Smith, please?
- Would you mind if I sit here ?