The Netherlands, a country in northwestern Europe, is known for a flat landscape of canals, tulip fields, windmills, and cycling routes.
Amsterdam, the capital, is home to the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and the house where Jewish diarist Anne Frank hid during WWII.
Canalside mansions and a trove of works from artists including Rembrandt and Vermeer remain from the city's 17th-century “Golden Age.”
• grant - agree to give or allow (something requested) to.
• seedy - sordid and disreputable.
• outsiders - (contextuel) étrangers.
• Licorice - a herb from which a sweet aromatic flavour can be extracted.
• Import - bring (goods or services) into a country from abroad for sale.
• Export - send (goods or services) to another country for sale.
• Tax Avoidance - The term tax avoidance refers to the use of legal methods to minimize the amount of income tax owed by an individual or a business.
• Windmills - a building with sails that turn in the wind and generate power.
• Claimed - the pursuit of recognized territorial ownership by a group or individual.
• Knock out - defeat someone in a competition.
.• Throw (something) in - to add as a gratuity or supplement.
• Purchase - to buy.
• Commit - perpetrate or carry out.
Source: Foil, Arms and Hog