Please lay your bags flat on the conveyor belt, and use the bins for small objects.
Do I need to take my laptop out of the bag?
Yes, you do. Take off your hat and your shoes, too.
Please step back. Do you have anything in your pockets – keys, cell phone, loose change?
I don’t think so. Let me try taking off my belt.
Ah, that's the problem. Put your keys and your belt in this bin and walk through the scanner again.
Here are some of the most common questions you can expect
Excellent. No problem. Remember to unload your pockets and take off your belt before you go through security next time.
- Please step through the scanner
- Asked when you are passing through metal detectors at the airport.
- Please step to the side - Asked if a security officer needs to question you further.
- Please raise your arms to the side - Asked when you are inside a scanner.
- Empty your pockets, please.- Please take off your shoes and belt.- Please take any electronic devices out of your bag.